Pre-requisites: 16 years old and Bronze Cross (need not be current)
Course Length: 40-44 hours
Evaluation: This is a pass or fail award.
Required Candidate Books: Canadian Lifesaving Manual, Swim for Life/Lifesaving Instructor Binder
Award Expiry: 24 months from date of certification
Re-certification: All Swim for Life/Lifesaving Instructors re-certify through the credit system. Please log into the Instructor-Log In to download more information and the applicable paperwork.
This combined course of the Lifesaving Society's Swim for Life Instructor and Lifesaving Instructor is a leadership course that provides candidates with theory, knowledge and skill and practice to teach and certify in the following Lifesaving Society programs and awards:
- Swim for Life Program
- Parent & Tot, Preschool, Swimmer, Adult Swimmer and Fitness Swimmer
- Canadian Swim Patrol Program
- Rookie Patrol, Ranger Patrol, Star Patrol
- CPR A & C with AED
- Canadian Lifesaving Program
- Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, Distinction