The Lifejacket Loaner Station is a partnership started in 2016 between the Saskatchewan Branch of the Lifesaving Society and the Government of Saskatchewan's Ministry of Parks, Culture, and Sport.
Each Lifejacket Loaner Station contains various sizes of lifejackets for members of the public to borrow completely free of charge! Anyone can borrow the lifejackets for any aquatic activity such as swimming or boating, and then return it to the station when they are finished. before they leave for the day. This initiative to prevent against drownings has been running successfully in Manitoba, Alberta, and the Northwest Territories for many years.
Lifejacket Loaner Stations can be found at the following Provincial Parks:
- Regina Beach Recreational Site
- Echo Valley Provincial Park
- Great Blue Heron Provincial Park
- Pike Lake Provincial Park
- Katepwa Point Provincial Park
- Danielson Provincial Park
- The Battlefords Provincial Park
- Moose Mountain Provincial Park
- Buffalo Pound Provincial Park
- Good Spirit Lake Provincial Park